RLS or something else?
Every night when I go to bed, I cannot lay on my back with my left leg straight.. it almost feels like my knee cap is sinking to the back of my knee... it becomes so painful, and some times I have to force it to bend.

Doesn't have to be at night, even when laying on the couch relaxing... if i sit at a chair, I need to have my leg bent or it becomes stiff and I have to bend it due to pain.

if I lay on my stomach its completely fine, I can keep it straight, what could this be?!
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms may not be related to restless leg syndrome. Your symptoms could be due to problems in the knee joint. The knee  joint has the end of femur articulating with the tibia. Arthritis or bursitis can produce pain in the joints. Arthritis is inflammation of the joints. Bursa are sac like structures above and below the joints which helps in the movement of the tendons around the joints. These can get inflamed causing bursitis.I would advise you to consult your primary care physician for evaluation of pain. In the meantime avoid exercise as this could aggravate the pain and take OTC Naproxen for pain relief.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.