RLS?
I am a teacher and I am on my feet almost all day, I am 42 and a little overweight. Over the last year I have lost over 100 pounds and since losing the weight my pain has begun. I am a man and I feel like all of my weight loss has been for nothing. I get terrible pains in the back of my calves and sometimes the pain radiates up to my thigh. I have been using compression socks that my wife has gotten for me. She is a nurse and she has had several suggestions but none really seem to help. When I sit or lay down as if to go to bed that is when the pain really begins. As I sit here typing this the back of my left calf is killing me, but I can walk downstairs and not have any pain at all.

Please help this is driving me nuts. I started today taking a multi vitamin and I will start taking other supplements to see if this helps any.

thanks again,

Eddie
Hi Eddie,
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Are there triggers and relieving factors? There is no specific test for RLS but these four basic criteria are often used: symptoms that are worse at night and are absent or negligible in the morning; a strong and often overwhelming need or urge to move the affected limb(s); sensory symptoms that are triggered by rest, relaxation, or sleep; and sensory symptoms that are relieved with movement and the relief persists  as long as the movement continues. Also, your complete medical history, list of medications you are taking and results of complete neurological and physical examination are important considerations. It is best that you have this checked by your doctor for direct clinical evaluation.  Take care and best regards.
I'm sorry but your description does not seem in the least bit related to RLS...  You really know when you have RLS....  But I was in denial all my life or at least until I decided to do the sleep study...  I always think of acupuncture when it comes to pain management....   And Aloe Vera.... Taken orally....  I don't know what I'm up against here...  But is it possible that the pain is not related to the weight loss?