Restless Leg Syndrome Community
Requip not working for RLS. What now?!
About This Community:

Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a neurological disorder characterized by unpleasant sensations in the legs and an uncontrollable, and sometimes overwhelming, urge to move them for relief. Discuss topics including causes, medical or alternative treatments and how to get more sleep while suffering from RLS.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Requip not working for RLS. What now?!

So I am kind of new to this diagnosis. I always just thought I had bad hips/joints and that's why my legs and hips hurt everynight when I went to bed. Well its gotten a lot worse lately. Cant sleep at all and waking up every 30 minutes to an hour when I can sleep. Its my back, hips, legs, ankles and feet mostly. Just this constant painful aching sensation. I have to constantly flex or stretch my muscles or get out of bed to make it go away. It got to the point where it is starting to affect my shoulders, wrists and even jaw now! My psychiatrist, who is the only doctor I have talked to about this so far, says I have a bad case of RLS. He started me on Requip, and the first 2 nights it seemed to help a lot. Then the next several nights it only helped until 2 or 3 in the morning. Now last night no relief at all. It was horrible pain more on one side for some reason, which is not normal for me. I barely slept. I have an appt to follow up with my doctor on sept 5th and want to know what to expect when I tell him the Requip isn't working. I am a 30 year old female on Adderall (adderrall) for ADD, that is why I see a psychiatrist in the first place. Any insight would be welcomed!
Hi,
If your present medication is not working, a change of dosage or medication may be indicated on your next consultation. Also, lifestyle changes such as decreased use of caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco as well as supplements to correct deficiencies such as iron, folate, and magnesium may help. Taking a hot bath, massaging the legs, or using a heating pad or ice pack can  also help relieve symptoms. Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Restless Leg Syndrome Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...