Restless leg syndrome
My son does a lot of kicking when in sleep, whenever I get up a midnight he is totally in a different position. What should I do?
Hi, welcome to the forum, many experience a sudden jerking movement upon falling asleep, often accompanied by a subjective sensation of falling or twitching. Such occurrences are known as benign hypnic myoclonus or sleep starts.

Rarely, night starts can become unusually violent, very frequent, or repetitive, and confused for seizures. The phenomenon is restricted to sleep, and always or virtually always in the transition between sleep and wakefulness, and is not associated with other phenomena.

To conclude, you need not worry; it will not harm your child and will wear off over a time. Maintain good sleep hygiene, be positive. I suggest you to consult sleep specialist for more information. Take care and regards.
Thank you doctor for you suggestions, I hope the problem resolves as he grows up.