Restless Leg Syndrome Community
Restless legs turned painful tingling burning and stabbing

Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a neurological disorder characterized by unpleasant sensations in the legs and an uncontrollable, and sometimes overwhelming, urge to move them for relief. Discuss topics including causes, medical or alternative treatments and how to get more sleep while suffering from RLS.

I have been suffering with restless legs,headaches predominantly in my forehead and eyes for about 3 and a half months, everyday, I also have had pains and tingling in my legs and arms with burning sensations, dizziness, like a spining in my body and often lose balance and stumble, memory loss and a mental fogginess. At one stage my legs stopped working properly for a couple of days. The tingling and burninghave subsided somewhat to be replaced with cramping in my muscles and an aching tightness that does not go away. I have been getting cramping on the underside of one foot and in the opposite hand. I am constantly fatigued and have spent two full days out of bed since the start of Febuary. All this is accompanied with occasional nights sweats and fevers, nausea, abdominal cramping, constipation intermitting with diarrhoea and a feeling of a lump in my throat especially while swallowing.
I have had blood work, diabetes testing, MRI, CT Scans, Thyroid tests and the only thing the doctors can come up with are "migraine" slight degeneration of the lumbar and sacral vertebrae and "depression".
The severe headaches do not respond to pain medication. Any ideas anyone?? Please help I am over it!!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? It is good that initial diagnostic test results were fine. It could indeed be due to primary headaches such as migraine. One variant, hemiplegic migraine usually presents with headache, pins-and-needles feeling, numbness, weakness, loss of balance and coordination, visual aura, and even language difficulties. If it persists and the pain medication is not helping, it is best that you inform your doctor or be referred to a neurologist.  Additional diagnostic tests may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted.
What is your diet like??Do you drink plenty if water everyday?
My dad has an allergic reaction to foods high in histamine. It took him years to find out this out. He suffered from extremely severe migranes (migraines), he got itchy legs, his nose and forhead would flare up in pinky red spots, and in extreme cases his throat would swell up, so he always has to carry an epipen round with him. He avoids foods with a high histamine content.
Your Dr might be right with the migrane (migraine) and depression, as such irritatting and painful problems can make you feel down, my dad has also suffered with depression due to the pain he was going through.
Try a healthy diet if not already, not processed foods! Only fresh, try being active at some point in the day and increase your activity daily. I'm not a doctor so I can't say It will help, but I know my dad had similar symptoms.
Good luck, and hope this helped.