Restless Leg Syndrome Community
Severe leg pain

Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a neurological disorder characterized by unpleasant sensations in the legs and an uncontrollable, and sometimes overwhelming, urge to move them for relief. Discuss topics including causes, medical or alternative treatments and how to get more sleep while suffering from RLS.

Severe leg pain

Im 40 years old female and Im diabetic and have high blood pressure. I had an operation of gallblader (gallbladder) 3 years back and and it was taken out. Some weeks ago I'm feeling a lot of severe pain in my left leg. It starts from my hip and goes all the way down to my leg. It hurts a lot especially at night. In the morning, I don't feel it but at night it is the most severe.

Please tell me the cause and help me.
Thanks a lot.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include fractures, dislocations, injuries to muscles/ ligaments, infections, inflammations, neuro-muscular/ vascular causes, micronutrient deficiencies etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist are may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!