Why is this happening?
My husband who is 32 has been experiancing restlessness in his legs every few weeks. It's so bad that he can not sleep...not even when taking a sleeping aide. When the restlessness in his legs starts his back begins to hurt as well. He has also been rolling and blinking his eyes on a dayly basis. He is rolling and blinking his eyes so much that his eyes are hurting him. I've searched the internet and can't find a correct answer as to why is this happening to him. What is causing this? How should it be treated? Are these issues related in any way?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your husband could be having an entity called restless leg syndrome, where there is an odd sensation in the legs during sleep causing the individual to move, which relieves the sensation. This disorders can cause inadequate sleep leading to fatigue and daytime sleepiness. This is usually diagnosed by a sleep study and medications can help control the symptoms. I would advise you to discuss his symptoms with your primary care physician who may then refer him to a sleep specialist for further evaluation.

It would help to follow good sleep hygiene measures like going to bed at the same time, waking up at the same time, avoidance of alcohol, smoking and caffeinated beverages. Maintain warm, comfortable bedroom environment and engage in relaxing activities like a warm bath before bed time. This will promote sleep and prevent restless leg syndrome.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.