Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Community
Can RA cause a scalding hot rash on the skin...
About This Community:

Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a form of arthritis that causes pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of function in your joints. It can affect any joint but is common in the wrist and fingers. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can RA cause a scalding hot rash on the skin...

Hello!

I am currently being tested for RA.  I have been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis, MS, COPD and Asthma.  I have been dealing with a rash on my hand that feels as though it was burned with hot water.  Strangely though, it only occurs at night.  It starts around 7:00 pm and continues until I get up the next morning.  

I really appreciate any info you may have to offer!

Thanks so much!
Rena705
1193998_tn?1265121197
Random uticaria (fancy word for 'itching') is common in autoimmune diseases like RA. Inflammation can press on sensitive nerves and cause tingling, itching, the feeling like a limb has gone to sleep. Make sure you aren't curling/clenching your hands in your sleep. Maybe try a wrist brace that will let you relax your wrist and hand in a neutral position and see if that helps?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...