Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Community
HUMIRA Pen vs Vial vs Syringe

Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a form of arthritis that causes pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of function in your joints. It can affect any joint but is common in the wrist and fingers. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

HUMIRA Pen vs Vial vs Syringe

Is the HUMIRA vial different than the Pen? Does the Pen contain the vial since HUMIRA is given either by a syringe or pen? Or is the vial a separate item that can be purchased along with a empty sterile syringe that can be done on your own time? I know the Pen and the Syringe are prefilled but what does the vial have to do with the packaging of the drug?
Humira is available in the form of pen and vial. The pen contains pre filled vials of Humira. However there are individual vials of Humira. Each 0.8 ml single dose vial contains 40 mg of adalimumab.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.