Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Community
Is this worth screening ASAP or waiting it out?

Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a form of arthritis that causes pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of function in your joints. It can affect any joint but is common in the wrist and fingers. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Sudden onset of joint pain, started in knuckles in middle of night, spread thought the day ending in joints all over body even to toes. Bearable pain 4-6/10 on pain scale, using floricet to treat for pain. I'm 25 years old, 5'6" Hispanic male. Other factors: cancer, htn, dm2 runs in family hx. I'm an LVN and work skilled nsg. 2 weeks ago I noticed a lump between my neck and clavicle which I concluded to be a typical swollen lymph node. It has grown slightly, however no pain at all, I noticed it while rearranging my stethoscope. I have no symptoms of any sickness aside from what was previously described. I have a hx of smoking (6years and stopped cold turkey about 3 mos ago). Also I went from 170lbs to 135lbs during the last 10 mos without added effort. Maybe it's all coincidence, thankful for your time.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations, reactive arthritis, etc. Though this does not typically sound like RA, the possibility may still need to be considered. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or a rheumatologist for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!