Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Community
Neg Serum Test 9 Months Ago but Tons of Joint Pain

Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a form of arthritis that causes pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of function in your joints. It can affect any joint but is common in the wrist and fingers. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

9 months ago my doctor tested me for RA and the blood work came back negative. Since then, the joint pain has gotten better with the use of Naproxen. About a month ago, I started having trouble with my stomach, throwing up and not being able to eat, and the only thing that made it better was Prevacid and Protonix. So the doctor said she thought it was an ulcer so I was taken off all NSAIDs, including the Naproxen. Since that time, the joint pain has gotten so bad I can't hardly move and when I go outside, in the cold, I instantly feel as if I have glass in my jointly.

Any suggestions from anyone?

Thanks in advance!!
Have you tried Nexium fir the stomach issues...? Also, when you take the naproxin, are you taking it on an empty stomach? If so that could be the problem right there. It should always be taken with something in your tummy.