Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Community
Osteo Arthritis with possible Rheumatoid?

Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a form of arthritis that causes pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of function in your joints. It can affect any joint but is common in the wrist and fingers. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

After complaining of bad pain in the Basal Thumb joint of my right hand, and in my feet,  about 4 years ago, xrays confirmed Osteo in both hands and feet. The last time I saw the Rheumatologist, he was concerned about my strong family history of Rheumatoid on both sides. My Dad died of Rheumatoid, my oldest brother had to retire as Fire Chief for the city of Portland at 50 due to severe Rheumatoid, and it is on my Mom's side as well. Has anywhere here had Osteo that later found was Rheumatoid was also involved?

Tags: Osteoarthritis, basal thumb joint, Rheumatoid Arthritis
Hi and Welcome

Have you been tested to see if you have a positive factor?  I can't recall the name of the test . .it's been a long time for me, but wanted to stop by.