Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Community
RA and osteoporosis

Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a form of arthritis that causes pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of function in your joints. It can affect any joint but is common in the wrist and fingers. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

RA and osteoporosis

I am a 53 year old female, and I have RA and now osteoporosis. Tried fosomax but had side effects. Has anyone tried Prolia the shot twice a year for bone loss?
Reversing osteoporosis includes weight bearing exercise, an alkaline diet, and a nutrients for strong bones including vitamin D, calcium, and magnesium. There are many articles online on how to reverse osteoporosis naturally.
I don't know about medications for bone loss. If it were me I think I would check out trends in alternative treatments for osteoporosis. In addition to vit D, calcium, and magnesium, do some research on strontium, which is found in seafood and root veggies like carrots and potatoes. It's thought to have similar properties to calcium.