Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Community
Rheumatoid Arthritis

Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a form of arthritis that causes pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of function in your joints. It can affect any joint but is common in the wrist and fingers. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Rheumatoid Arthritis

I am 23 years old and have been noticing some occasional stiffness in my hands, feet, knees, and back. My mother suffers from rheumatoid arthritis and Lupus and I know both are hereditary diseases. Is it possible to have rheumatoid arthritis at such a young age? and should I get tested? Any input would be greatly appreciated :)
Hi there!

Well, though it is possible to develop RA at a young age, there are other possibilities such as muscle sprain, nutrient/ micronutreient deficiencies etc that may need to be considered as a cause of your symptoms. You may consider an evaluation by your primary care physician and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
There are many reported cures for rheumatoid arthritis, but it isn't clear which may work in your case, of if any can work at all.
For sure you have to have a clean diet (no sugars, no starches, no artificial components that can potentially create issues, no sodas, plenty of water - this is the easy part, in a way). Also enough vitamin D etc. plus exercise (indispensable to move fluids around).

After that are possible food allergies. Hard to test, or possible to test by elimination, starting with very few non allergic foods and testing ea one at a time.

Finally it can also be due to a microbial infection. This used to be treated with minocycline, which you have to take with gut flora replenishers since it is an antibiotic. The results are reported to take about 6 months.

If you do go along any of these avenues, please report back any success/ failures.

I did get rid of a starting arthritis condition in my shoulder with a change of diet years ago, despite the predictions of my docs, so I know some cures are possible, at least in some cases.