Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Community
Rheumatoid Arthritis???

Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a form of arthritis that causes pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of function in your joints. It can affect any joint but is common in the wrist and fingers. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Rheumatoid Arthritis???

Hi everyone

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia early this year, But I have horrible join pain so bad that I puke, It's worse at night when I go to bed. Some nights its so bad I want to go to the ER but I dont have insurance. I was wondering if blood work for RA came back ok at one time can it still show up later. My mother had RA. or if your in early stages of it can it maybe not show up. I dont know but I dont think fibromyaglia could hurt this bad. I am just suffering so BAD.
I am sorry you are suffering and to read you don't have insurance at this time.  I will avoid my soap box on the state of health care though reading what you wrote makes me want to scream at the injustice.  
It is possible to have RA and have your blood work come back negative and to have it negative once only to become positive later.  It is possible to have something completely different, though still autoimmune, going on that is not FMS.  FMS is real, but it is over diagnosed.  FMS should only be diagnosed after all other tests have been run.  You may need an MRI or a bone and joint scan (MRI with contrast to show inflammation) before evidence would be visible enough to aid in diagnosis.  
Are you being treated with anything for pain?  If not, go to the ER or a free clinic and get treatment.  Pain can take on a life of it's own and become a condition in and of itself if it is untreated.  Payment plans can be worked out, sometimes charities will help with costs.  Talk to your doctor or hospital and see what they can do for you.  Please let us know how you are doing and what is happening with you.
Thank you so much for responding, I feel like I have been running into brick walls, I am on lyrica but I have had no relief from it at all. I am going to my doctor next week and demand something for pain and figure out a way to get some answers. And if that dont work I will just have to go to the  ER and get help there and worry about the bill when it comes in. I will keep you posted. thanks so so much.
I have heard mixed reviews on Lyrica.  For some it is a miracle, but others, like you, get no relief.  Lyrica works on nerve pain.  I hope your doctor will give you something for joint and muscle pain and do ask for a generic.  The combination of darvocet and flexeril does wonders for me, but I can only take them together at night.  Please do let us know what happens.  
My doctor says he doesn't like the way lyrica works so he prescribed Cymbalta ( an anti-depressant even though i'm not depressed) and Soma ( a muscle relaxant) I have to say, the combination has done wonderul things to help treat my pain from fybro, Txsilver is so right, don't just sit back and take the pain, County Hospitals have to treat you and with generic ( although I'm not sure cymbalta has a generic yet) you might find payment options that you can live with. Best of luck!

Babs