Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Community
Rhuemotoid Arthritis&strep B

Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a form of arthritis that causes pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of function in your joints. It can affect any joint but is common in the wrist and fingers. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Rhuemotoid Arthritis&strep B

My daughter has had RA for about 2 years she is 13 of cours it its JRA...she became very ill with virus like symptoms like nasuea vomiting headache, all of that except fever there was never any fever...Eventually because I could not get her to hold down any liquids we ended up hopitilized for 4 days while they pumped her full of every anti nasuea med they had...none of it worked...GI doc examined her stomach...said he did not find anything serious but with all the docs together they came up with strep b and maybe a virus that attacked her at the same time with her weakened immune system of course because RA is an auto immune disease...she started feeling a little better on bentyl(anti nasuea med) and we were sent home with anti biotics and the nasuea med...here we are on the 6th day of being home and most days she feels fine but she is still having flare ups of the nasuea....mostly at night...I dont understand why she would still be having the nasuea...any answers or suggestions as to what is going on here...of course she has follow ups scheduled...thank you!
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of her symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include GI/ systemic infections, inflammations, micronutrient deficiencies, medication side effect etc. If other symptoms have cleared, I would suggest waiting for 1-2 weeks before considering an evaluation by her treating doctor for possible secondary causes of nausea.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!