Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Community
Stiff joints since teen

Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a form of arthritis that causes pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of function in your joints. It can affect any joint but is common in the wrist and fingers. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Stiff joints since teen

Do you know what could cause muscle and joint stiffness (without pain or inflantion), and back pain, especially in the morning or after inactivity? The stiffness usually decreases in about 15 mins or sometimes longer, but I always feel slightly stiff throughout the day .

Sometimes I get a dull ache in all my muscles, especially in the morning, while sleeping and during inactivity. Only way to relieve the discomfort is by wiggling, stretching, hot shower, or walking.

My hands and fingers have always been stiff that I cant fully bend then backward. I could bend foward and down, but not backwards. I think it is partly due to tight wrist muscles, but mostly because of the wrist joint.

I also get wake up tired or exhausted, feel it throughout everyday.

Because I play bball, I make sure to stretch before and after. But I dont think stretching helps with the morning stiffness or with the inflexible joints. It helps with muscle flexibility, but not joint flexibility.

Can you give me your thoughts?
Have you had MS ruled out?  (See private message.)