Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Community
Using Reclast with RA

Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a form of arthritis that causes pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of function in your joints. It can affect any joint but is common in the wrist and fingers. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Using Reclast with RA

Tried taking fosamax but wasn't able to, had side effects. So now will try reclast once a year infusion. I am concerned I have one kidney and Ra, but was told my blood work showed all is ok to proceed. Has anyone had this procedure and anything I should know before I proceed? Thanks for your help in advance.
Hi there!

Though it is ok to use reclast with a single kidney and good renal function and RA, it is advised to keep a watch over renal function and other side effects. I would suggest discussing the side effect profile in detail with your treating doctor before proceeding with the treatment so that so that one can watch out/ consider regular testing for complications.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!