Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Community
back spasms

Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a form of arthritis that causes pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of function in your joints. It can affect any joint but is common in the wrist and fingers. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

back spasms

I haven't been around lately. Came back from son's wedding on plane and experienced upper back pain. A week later I end up in ER for 12 1/2 hours with back spasms and overnight in hospital. Can't afford the therapy or steroid shot offer, so what about chiropracter? Any advice, since I have RA and osteoporosis. I need to return to work in less than a month. I am a cook cashier for a school so very intense labor. Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom. As always thanks for all your help.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include postural issues, neuro-muscular cause such as muscle spasm, nerve impingement, inflammations, injuries, degeneration etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!