Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Community
i have ra and 11weeks pregos help

Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a form of arthritis that causes pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of function in your joints. It can affect any joint but is common in the wrist and fingers. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

i have ra and 11weeks pregos help

I have had bad pains in my lower back and hurts to bend and sit sometimes. My Dr put me on norcos but now that baby on the way stopped taking my meds it is getting bad and dont know what to do..this is my first child and im 38 please help
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Likely possibilities that may need to be considered include postural issues, neuro-muscular causes such as muscle sprain, nerve impingement, injuries to muscles/ ligaments, inflammations, spinal causes such as degeneration, micronutrient deficiencies, referred pain from other regions etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought. Meanwhile you could take some tylenol/ OTC NSAIDS and see if it seems to help.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
First of all, congratulations!! :)

I've had RA since age 5 and have had two healthy children. Definitely work with your rheumatologist through your pregnancy to keep you as comfortable as possible. Some RA meds have been shown to be safe to take during pregnancy. Check with your rheumie, but I believe placquenil is one of them. Some gentle exercises with a physical therapist may help, as well.

Hang in there!