low level of vitamin d
My vitamin D level is 8 and I have weakly positive ANA and all other blood test for arthritis was normal .Is there any concern?
Vitamin D is crucial to the immune system. This deficiency is linked significantly to at least 17 types of cancer in particular breast, prostate and bowel cancer. The worse the level of vitamin D the worse the cancer prognosis. You need vitamin D to absorb calcium (you need magnesium to absorb vitamin D and calcium just to add).  Vitamin D deficiency symptoms are numerous from bone pain to osteoporosis.  In short, a vitamin D level of 8 is bad news.  The vitamin D council recommend at the very least 50ng/mL (125 nmol/L).
thanks for ur post..what is the meaning of weakly positive ana..as i m suffering from joints pain,ankle swelling heel pain and extreme fatigue and feeling of not well.