Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Community
zygomatic imflammation and cracking sound during facial movement

Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a form of arthritis that causes pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of function in your joints. It can affect any joint but is common in the wrist and fingers. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

I want to discuss following medical issue .

On doing daily task of lifting 5-10 kg home item stuff(bags, water container etc)  and on doing light exercise such as doing push up exercise or which involves blow head position of head. There is a visible expansion of zygomatic bone and jaw bones and jaw cracking noise from area  near middle of both ears.

It usually takes one week to get to original facial structure , if i do not lift any weight(home item ,bags, water container etc) and do not perform exercise that requires blowing down head.

There is no pain but there is visible change in facial structure which is noticed by me and others and  this effects my confidence level.

I feel like there are some facial joint that are loosen up , which gets displaced when it get any sort of stress.

Please let me know what further needs to be done to diagnose this issue.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. Possibilities that may need to be considered include TMJ dislocation, inflammations etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!