Rheumatoid Arthritis Expert Forum
Criteria to Start Treatment
About This Forum:

This Rheumatoid Arthritis forum is for questions and information regarding Rheumatoid Arthritis. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank

Criteria to Start Treatment

Wow...lucky me. The first person to post in the expert forum :)

I've had minor joint pain for about 6 months now and tested for positive RF factor in February (30). In May was tested again and RF went up 3 points to 33. I've got no morning stiffness, rednesses, swelling, or fatigue and all rest of bloodwork is normal including CCP, Sed, and CRP. I have minor joint pain and both thumbs "catch" a few times a day. I had a MRI last week and everything was normal. Other causes of a positive RF have been ruled out.

I understand that RA can take a while to present and am curious what your own criteria for starting treatment is? Thanks in advance for any insight.

Regards,
Cory