Rheumatoid Arthritis Expert Forum
sore knees
About This Forum:

This Rheumatoid Arthritis forum is for questions and information regarding Rheumatoid Arthritis. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

sore knees

Hi

for the past 6 months or so, I have had stiff knees when walking up and down stairs,but not with much pain, also when i bend my knee to get in to bed they are very stiff. If i have bent down to pick something up i find it hard to push myself up with my knees, i have to grab on to something and pull my self up, i have also noticed that i have swelling around the knee area too. I am a 27 year old female, over weight, i have been diagnosed with slight osteoporosis in my hands, but the doctors are still doing test on my hands as I have stiff fingers in the outer part (ulnar nerve side) and constant pain in the fingers.

Please could you help me in to what this could be, could it be osteoporosis in the knees?

thanks in advance