Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Expert Forum
Can you really go smaller?

Questions in the Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Forum are being answered by Paul S. Nassif, MD. Topics include: Anesthesia, Best candidates for Rhinoplasty, Considerations, Endonasal (inside nose) Rhinoplasty, External Rhinoplasty, Nose Reshaping, Pre-Operation, Post Operation, Recovery, Risks, Surgery

Can you really go smaller?

I have been considering rhinoplasty for a long time. My question (the thing holding me back) is this: can this surgery really reduce the size of a nose? My nose is a great shape, just way too large for my face. Every picture I have seen of before and after shots show changed profiles and shape, but I have yet to see a substantial or even noticeable change in overall size. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Hello Sage0627,

I would need to see your photos in order to provide you with the best explanation. It depends on the size of the nasal tip cartilage and the thickness of the skin.  If you wish, you can email any photos to Lisa, my patient care coordinator at ***@**** Thanks for your inquiry, and best of luck.

Dr. Nassif