Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Expert Forum
Considering Rhinoplasty... Torn and confused!!!
About This Forum:

Questions in the Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Forum are being answered by Paul S. Nassif, MD. Topics include: Anesthesia, Best candidates for Rhinoplasty, Considerations, Endonasal (inside nose) Rhinoplasty, External Rhinoplasty, Nose Reshaping, Pre-Operation, Post Operation, Recovery, Risks, Surgery

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Considering Rhinoplasty... Torn and confused!!!

Hi there! So I am only 15 and until recently I had always been fine with my nose. I had never ( and still have never) been teased for its appearance. However, I believe that about a year ago I broke my nose, causing a considerable hump on the bridge as well as the sides of the bridge. I have never really worried about it until recently when I saw a video of myself from the side and I was quite unsatisfied with the appearance of my nose. I don't in any way hate it, it's a part of who I am. But I have seriously considered a nose job. My parents support me, but there are many complications and to when I would be able to  carry out the procedure. I am an avid tennis player, and I compete often in tournaments, so I would not be able to go more than 2 or 3 weeks without playing for now... Is that possible? Also, what about recovery time for swimming and dancing? And lastly, is it really worth it for someone my age, or would I become so obsessed with changing my appearance that I would become mentally ill? All of these things are very confusing, and I have found many conflicting answers. That's all! Thanks a bunch!
1 Comment
Blank
I think you should wait a while until your completely sure the operation in for you. Maybe even wait till you graduate high school, so that not that many people will find out about the surgery....

I also think that in the long run it won't matter if you take out three weeks of tennis. You'll still be just as good. Don't go through with it unless you're completely sure, because it cannot be undone.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank