Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Expert Forum
Exposed Cartlidge in the nasal cavity

Questions in the Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Forum are being answered by Paul S. Nassif, MD. Topics include: Anesthesia, Best candidates for Rhinoplasty, Considerations, Endonasal (inside nose) Rhinoplasty, External Rhinoplasty, Nose Reshaping, Pre-Operation, Post Operation, Recovery, Risks, Surgery

Exposed Cartlidge in the nasal cavity
I had a papilloma removed 3 weeks ago.  I also received a skin graft to replace the removed papilloma.  This week I swam and became ill with a virus.  After 2 days of vomitting, the skin graft became unattached.  I have a small area of exposed cartildge where the skin graft was.  I called my physicain and he is out the office until Tuesday.  I do not have any pain or bleeding.  Is it OK to wait until next week to see my physician or should I go to the emergency room.  What are the health risks and long term ramifications of having exposed cartlidge in nasal cavity.