Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Expert Forum
How long should the nose be swollen and sore for following a rhinoplast...
About This Forum:

Questions in the Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Forum are being answered by Paul S. Nassif, MD. Topics include: Anesthesia, Best candidates for Rhinoplasty, Considerations, Endonasal (inside nose) Rhinoplasty, External Rhinoplasty, Nose Reshaping, Pre-Operation, Post Operation, Recovery, Risks, Surgery

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How long should the nose be swollen and sore for following a rhinoplasty?

I had a rhinoplasty tip procedure done in early December of last year when I was 18. Well, it's now mid-October, 10 months later, and you can not tell I had anything done. There is still a large bump. I have read that swelling should be completely gone by 4-6 months. I went back to my plastic surgeon and he keeps assuring me that everything is fine and a little sweling is normal, however when I touch my bridge it does not feel soft it feels like cartilage. I last went in to complain and inquire in August and he requested I come back in December! I spent nearly $5000 on this operation and am NOT happy with the outcome. This was a big deal for me and I feel like I wasted so much money. What should I do?