Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Expert Forum
Is 16 too young for rhinoplasty?

Questions in the Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Forum are being answered by Paul S. Nassif, MD. Topics include: Anesthesia, Best candidates for Rhinoplasty, Considerations, Endonasal (inside nose) Rhinoplasty, External Rhinoplasty, Nose Reshaping, Pre-Operation, Post Operation, Recovery, Risks, Surgery

Is 16 too young for rhinoplasty?

For as long as I can remember I've lacked self-confidence and self-esteem due to the fact that I have an abnormally large nose. Not only is the tip long, but there's also a large bump on the bridge and I have a small face to make matters worse. By the age of 16, has your nose stopped growing and can I have surgery without it still growing after?

The minimum recommended age to have rhinoplasty performed is 15 years of age for girls and 16 for boys.  Thanks for the message. Please feel free to contact my office any time and we would be happy to provide you with additional information.
A related discussion, Talking to my parents about rhinoplasty? was started.