Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Expert Forum
Nose job Question

Questions in the Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Forum are being answered by Paul S. Nassif, MD. Topics include: Anesthesia, Best candidates for Rhinoplasty, Considerations, Endonasal (inside nose) Rhinoplasty, External Rhinoplasty, Nose Reshaping, Pre-Operation, Post Operation, Recovery, Risks, Surgery

Nose job Question

Is it possible to only narrow the tip of a nose? I have a button nose and always wondered if narrowing the tip was possible to give it a more slender look. But didn't want to go threw with it if it came out like micheal Jackson and Janet Jackson. What do you think doc?

Yes, it is possible to narrow the nasal tip. There are specific grafts that can be used to help obtain your desired look and also add support.  A shield graft and columellar strut are two great options, and the ideal grafts to use will depend on your individual circumstances. Sometimes you can deal with the tip cartilage without grafts if it's too big. It is possible to get a fantastic result from the surgery without the nose appearing overdone or with a surgical look. I have a great deal of experience performing natural looking rhinoplasties, and would be happy to examine you in person and provide you with advice. I use computer imaging software in my office to help give the patient an idea of how their nose may appear following surgery. Please feel free to contact my office any time and we would be happy to schedule you for a consult. Thanks for the message, and best of luck!