Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Expert Forum
PLEASE HELP!! Rhinoplasty swelling!!!
About This Forum:

Questions in the Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Forum are being answered by Paul S. Nassif, MD. Topics include: Anesthesia, Best candidates for Rhinoplasty, Considerations, Endonasal (inside nose) Rhinoplasty, External Rhinoplasty, Nose Reshaping, Pre-Operation, Post Operation, Recovery, Risks, Surgery

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

PLEASE HELP!! Rhinoplasty swelling!!!

Hello, Today it has been 2 weeks since I had closed rhinoplasty and when my cast came off a week ago I was happy with my results although I did have swelling but I knew that would start to go down. But it's been 2 weeks and the last couple of days I've noticed that my nose is MORE swollen making my nose look worse, I still like the look of my new nose,I'm just really worried because I thought the swelling should go DOWN after the first week, not up and I'm not sure what I've done to make it do this! I'm 16 and really seeking some help, I don't see my surgeon till next week and I'm worried?? What could it be? Is my nose alright? X
517274_tn?1211653449
Hello,

Not to worry, your swelling will generally peak 1-2 weeks following your procedure. It is not abnormal to be a little more swollen the second week, and this is not caused by anything you did - unless you overexerted yourself and did not take it easy the second week following your procedure. From here, your swelling should start to steadily decrease. 70% of the swelling is typically resolved after the first 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. The final result is usually evident 18-24 months following surgery. From here, I would recommend discussing any concerns with your surgeon, as he/she will be able to advise you. I hope this helps, and best of luck with the remainder of your recovery!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...
Mar 26 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank