Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Expert Forum
Pain after sinus surgery
About This Forum:

Questions in the Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Forum are being answered by Paul S. Nassif, MD. Topics include: Anesthesia, Best candidates for Rhinoplasty, Considerations, Endonasal (inside nose) Rhinoplasty, External Rhinoplasty, Nose Reshaping, Pre-Operation, Post Operation, Recovery, Risks, Surgery

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pain after sinus surgery

I had 2 sinus surgeries, the first to open my left sinus and reduce my turbinates on both sides and to fix a deviated septum.  The second surgery was to remove excess scarring that was causing pain.  Since these operations I have had severe headaches behind my left eye and above my jaw (in the sinus cavity area).  I sometimes have blurred vision out of the left eye and it feels like there is pressure in there.  The last surgery was in May of 07.  Is it normal to still be having all this pain.  I have had numerous CT scans, 2 MRI's 1 MRA and they can't find anything wrong.  My ENT says it's my teeth, my dentist says it's my sinuses.  I am still having sinus infections and just recently had a double ear infection that has taken 2 rounds of antibiotics and is still not gone.  I have tried all the Migraine avenues, pain management, acupuncture, chiropractors, neurofeedback, injections, etc. the list goes on and on with no relief.
Could the ENT damaged a nerve or or some how gotten too deep and into the brain.  If so, how do I get it diagnosed and get it fixed.
Any help would be greatly apprediated.