Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Expert Forum
Swollen Nose 6 Months After Surgery

Questions in the Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Forum are being answered by Paul S. Nassif, MD. Topics include: Anesthesia, Best candidates for Rhinoplasty, Considerations, Endonasal (inside nose) Rhinoplasty, External Rhinoplasty, Nose Reshaping, Pre-Operation, Post Operation, Recovery, Risks, Surgery

Swollen Nose 6 Months After Surgery
My wife is Asian and had her nose enlarged nearly six months ago.  The procedure went well and recovery was unremarkable.  Just recently, though, the bridge of her nose has swelled up.  It swells and recedes a little bit each day, but has been swollen for over two weeks.  We cannot recall any trauma to her nose.  Why would her nose swell now, 6 months after surgery?

Thanks,

MJ
Dear MJ,

One of the first questions I like to ask is did the patient have an implant placed in the bridge of the nose?  If the implant is swelling up episodically, then there might be possible signs of an early infection or rejection.  I would recommend that you go see the physician who performed the procedure and ask him these questions.  

Hope this helps and if there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

Dr. Nassif

Paul Nassif, M.D.
Spalding Drive Cosmetic Surgery and Dermatology
Beverly Hills, California