Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Expert Forum
columella- reconstructive rhinoplasty surgery

Questions in the Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Forum are being answered by Paul S. Nassif, MD. Topics include: Anesthesia, Best candidates for Rhinoplasty, Considerations, Endonasal (inside nose) Rhinoplasty, External Rhinoplasty, Nose Reshaping, Pre-Operation, Post Operation, Recovery, Risks, Surgery

Dear all,

I am a 27 year old male who is interested in corrective/reconstructive rhinoplasty surgey. I did my first nose surgery 8 years ago and,as a result, I am not satisfied with the outcome.

My major concern is the collumella. After the surgery it has dropped down. Furthermore, the columella was like split into two (as a normal collumella should be). Apparently the surgeon chopped part of the split columella so that the columella will become flat. As a result the columella not only became flat but it has curved edges rather than squarish flat appearance and the middle point of the columella is roundish and dropping.

Is there an alternative by surgerey procedures to:

1- Lift the dropping columella up?

2-Split the collumella into halves again?

thank you

Best Regards

John

Hello John,

In regard to the problem you are having, I do not believe in non-surgical procedures to correct deformities in the nose, especially if it is a revision case. I would be happy to take a look at your photos and give some advice for the next step. On my website which is listed in my profile, you can find the email address for Lisa, my patient care coordinator. You can send her any photos that you have. Best of luck, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dr. Nassif