Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Expert Forum
please help !

Questions in the Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Forum are being answered by Paul S. Nassif, MD. Topics include: Anesthesia, Best candidates for Rhinoplasty, Considerations, Endonasal (inside nose) Rhinoplasty, External Rhinoplasty, Nose Reshaping, Pre-Operation, Post Operation, Recovery, Risks, Surgery

please help !

Last thursday i had went to a party where my friend was going to leave but he was drunk i told him not to drink and drive and he head butted me in my nose..  my nose was displaced i went to the hospital emergency  where i iced it and then they sedated me and straightened my nose... my nose now is more or less straight looks good still alittle bit swollen its been 5 days since they reset it .. my question is i can breathe fine through both nostrils my nose is pretty much straight how long until my nose heals to where i can go and play soccer again .. and two the hospital refered me to a surgeon where i have an appointment on friday im thinking this is just procedure ( the hospital said i might have a small hairline fracture but they couldnt tell ) do you think il need surjery due to the fact my nose is straight i can breathe fine im not in pain and how long till u think i can play soccer again thanks alot

It sounds like you did fracture your nose. Everyone heals differently, and whether or not you will need surgery in the future really depends on your individual circumstances. It takes about 6 weeks for the nasal bones to heal, and it would be best to refrain form any activities where contact to the nose is a risk, as this may further aggravate the condition. Thank you, and I hope this helps answer your question.

Dr. Nassif