Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Expert Forum
possible causes for my nose pain?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Forum are being answered by Paul S. Nassif, MD. Topics include: Anesthesia, Best candidates for Rhinoplasty, Considerations, Endonasal (inside nose) Rhinoplasty, External Rhinoplasty, Nose Reshaping, Pre-Operation, Post Operation, Recovery, Risks, Surgery

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

possible causes for my nose pain?

Well, i don't really know how to put this other than "my nose hurts!" Okay, maybe I can elaborate. The bridge of my nose (there's a tiny divet, which may or may not be normal. i thought it was.) is always really sore, kind of like it's been bruised, but without any known cause or actual bruise. Also, the area where the cartilage of my nostrils connects to the bridge of my nose is also extremely sore, but normally only on the right side. The ache gets really bad when i have a cold or sinus infection, which is very frequent, and my left nostril almost always gets entirely blocked up. Like, i can't move any air into or out of it. I also have a year round problem with mucus. I get so much of it that i start to choke it up, which grosses everyone out, but hey. I have to breathe. I'm not much of a hypochondriac, but my mom normally ignores me because she thinks I'm just whining about a cold. So I searched some books and the interwebs, and I came up with the self diagnosis of a deviated septum? Could this be a possibility, because I have been hit in the nose countless times, normally very hard from the back of a child's head. Like if I had a toddler sitting on my lap and they whack their head back into my nose. That happens a lot.
Sorry if my descriptions are vague and confusing, I'm just medically illiterate.