Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Expert Forum
rhinoplasty

Questions in the Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Forum are being answered by Paul S. Nassif, MD. Topics include: Anesthesia, Best candidates for Rhinoplasty, Considerations, Endonasal (inside nose) Rhinoplasty, External Rhinoplasty, Nose Reshaping, Pre-Operation, Post Operation, Recovery, Risks, Surgery

rhinoplasty
I had surgery July 21 2009 and my nose is still very swollen more on the left side than right.  My nose is so turn up, I hate it.  Will the swelling be less after a year and will I need revision rhinoplasty to change the look of my nose since it is so turned up?

It is important to be patient, as the final results will not be apparent for at least one year after your surgery, and sometimes up to 2 years. At this point it would be best for you to speak with your physician as he/she knows the extent of your surgery and exactly what was performed.  He/she will be able to give you the best advice as far as when your swelling will subside.  Thank you and best of luck.

Dr. Nassif