i may be a sahm but i DO NOT sit on my but all day!
something that drives me crazy about working moms (not that they aren't great. my mom was a working mom. she had 2 jobs while i was growing up) but WHY do most (not all) of them assume that a sahm does NOTHING all day????? i do not do nothing all day! i keep my house clean (i have 3 floors, front yard and backyard to tend to), i feed, bath, change and play with my kids, i keep the cat entertained, work on my books and act as receptionist for dh's online business. just because i "work" at home does not mean i'm on my derriare all flippin day long! i do not watch soap operas and eat bon bons. i do not sleep in until noon (i'm usually up no later than 7 am...earlier than a lot of people i know who work full time outside the house). yes it's nice being in my home all day but come on. i have a thankless job that is paid in hugs and kisses. my board meetings consist of dry erase boards with smiley faces, my potty breaks have me accompanied by 2 13 month toddlers and an almost 2 year old neb nose cat. my lunch break...wait what lunch break? so ppppppffffftttttttttttt to those who think us sahm do nothing all day!
I deal with the same sort of predudice. Most people I know that are my age haven' yet had kids and they think I'm lazy or want to know if I'm bored...

Bored?

I never have enough time!!
when does a sahm have TIME to be bored???even nap times i'm busy. like right now i'm working on revising my book and i'm half tempted to take a nap myself b/c i'm so exhausted. today my day started at 6 am instead of 7 and my guys just decided they were tired enough to nap.
preach it sister!! haha I know the one thing I hate oidng is the calls to insurance companies! I think SAHM have more experiance in so many fields we are over qualified for everything else! haha I mean for real!

I hear the same ting but also hear that ones who stayed home for a while then went back to work that SAHM was harder, duh!! They get to come home and relax we are at our jobs 24/7!!!

I myself am in a rut, I feel like I am loosing myself and need a new hair cut, clothes or just something for myself right now. My little one is 8 months, I BF and co sleep and I just don;t feel like me anymore, that I even know who me is anymore;) I hav eno time for my sewing either which is a bummer. I have three floors too. My little guy hates the car still so I am literily stuck home all the time with the same things over and over. The only thing I have control over is doing th ecleaning and getting ashower but hey I am the one to suffer for not doing that so I just do it, ughhh. Am I sounding silly here?? What to do!?!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
smjmekg commented on Conception after Birt...
07/15
leexlee commented on Conception after Birt...
07/15
LadyPeel commented on Conception after Birt...
11/14