i may be a sahm but i DO NOT sit on my but all day!
something that drives me crazy about working moms (not that they aren't great. my mom was a working mom. she had 2 jobs while i was growing up) but WHY do most (not all) of them assume that a sahm does NOTHING all day????? i do not do nothing all day! i keep my house clean (i have 3 floors, front yard and backyard to tend to), i feed, bath, change and play with my kids, i keep the cat entertained, work on my books and act as receptionist for dh's online business. just because i "work" at home does not mean i'm on my derriare all flippin day long! i do not watch soap operas and eat bon bons. i do not sleep in until noon (i'm usually up no later than 7 am...earlier than a lot of people i know who work full time outside the house). yes it's nice being in my home all day but come on. i have a thankless job that is paid in hugs and kisses. my board meetings consist of dry erase boards with smiley faces, my potty breaks have me accompanied by 2 13 month toddlers and an almost 2 year old neb nose cat. my lunch break...wait what lunch break? so ppppppffffftttttttttttt to those who think us sahm do nothing all day!
I deal with the same sort of predudice. Most people I know that are my age haven' yet had kids and they think I'm lazy or want to know if I'm bored...

Bored?

I never have enough time!!
when does a sahm have TIME to be bored???even nap times i'm busy. like right now i'm working on revising my book and i'm half tempted to take a nap myself b/c i'm so exhausted. today my day started at 6 am instead of 7 and my guys just decided they were tired enough to nap.
preach it sister!! haha I know the one thing I hate oidng is the calls to insurance companies! I think SAHM have more experiance in so many fields we are over qualified for everything else! haha I mean for real!

I hear the same ting but also hear that ones who stayed home for a while then went back to work that SAHM was harder, duh!! They get to come home and relax we are at our jobs 24/7!!!

I myself am in a rut, I feel like I am loosing myself and need a new hair cut, clothes or just something for myself right now. My little one is 8 months, I BF and co sleep and I just don;t feel like me anymore, that I even know who me is anymore;) I hav eno time for my sewing either which is a bummer. I have three floors too. My little guy hates the car still so I am literily stuck home all the time with the same things over and over. The only thing I have control over is doing th ecleaning and getting ashower but hey I am the one to suffer for not doing that so I just do it, ughhh. Am I sounding silly here?? What to do!?!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
smjmekg commented on Conception after Birt...
Jul 27
leexlee commented on Conception after Birt...
Jul 27
LadyPeel commented on Conception after Birt...
11/14