SAHMS! User Group
schedules
About This Group:

A place for mums to socialise, vent, get advice and share their collaborative wisdom!

Founded by Atlantisea on September 24, 2009
16 members

schedules

do you have a schedule for you kids?

i was told by a few relatives (who's children do what they please, when they please, however they please...) that i was crazy for having a schedule for my boys. (it's a rather detailed schedule, that yes it changes when we go out visiting or shopping...) but dh and i really don't think it's crazy to have a schedule for kids. it's what they're used to and it gives them some structure in their lives which i think kids need.

what do you think?
75%
 (3) 
yes, definitely have a set schedule
25%
 (1) 
yes, but it changes from day to day
0%
 (0) 
no, why have a schedule.
0%
 (0) 
other...please explain. if you don't mind.
4 Members voted
I usually refer to it as a 'routine', but yes I definitely have one. I find that the children are happier and feel more in control of their day when they can anticipate what is going to happen next. It also gives me bargaining power-

"If you want me to read you your bedtime story today, then you need to pack away your toys neatly"
and they love Tuesday especially because it is 'park day' which means straight from school to the park to play and enjoy a picnic afternoon tea.

The schedule helps the baby too. She is less clingy and sleeps better (more easily and longer) on the days when we stick to our schedule.

Life happens though, and there are always unexpected events that can change our schedule. Fun as those days can be, I think that we all make a big sigh of relief when life settles back down again.
it's good to know i'm not the only one who sticks to a schedule (most days). i feel the same way. when they know how their day is going to go it seems to be SO much smoother. (and happier for them...) they know when nap time is, they know when it's time to eat, bath, relax and go to bed. it's almost like the "know" they "control" their lives without ever actually having control over them.
we have a schedule as far as routine in the morn before school, naptimes, dinner, homework.  bedtime.  sure we have times that are off, but kids need that schedule.  but some people just cant handle that i suppose lol.  i find myself to be lost if i dont have some sort of schedule myself.  maybe i have an issue lol
I love routine:) LOL I think it is good for kids but this new little guy has yet to have a real set schedule. I know he will take a moring nap about 2 hours after he gets up and go to bed around 7-8pm but other then that he eats, plays, sleeps and the cycle goes on. I have tried to get him a schedule but it hsa never worked. Not sure if it is me or him and totally very differnent from my older ones! I absolutly get hardly anyting done casue of it too and he is a light sleeper!
LadyPeel commented on Conception after Birt...
Nov 17
pertykitty :) Comment
Apr 12
autumnbarnett joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 04