STDs - International Expert Forum
A girl giving another girl vaginal gonorrhea

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to STDs including: Chlamydia, crabs, gonorrhea, HPV, PID, penis discharge, syphilis, testicular infections, urethritis, vaginosis, genital warts, yeast infection. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Hello .... My question is my girlfriend told me she got vaginal gonorrhea from another girl because they began kissing one another then went back to perform oral sex back on each other during the same sexual experience. Can the person w/out gonorrhea who performed the oral sex on the girl with gonorrhea, come back up and kiss the girl, then have That girl go down on the girl with out gonorrhea and give the bacteria from her mouth to the vagina in the same sexual experience..?
Sorry if it sounds confusing, and if you need me to clarify more, I can. Any help on HOW possible this is and the Percentages/likely hood of this happening would be Extremely helpful.. Thank you
Good Morning Jasene

Thanks MommaDemon for your input. You are correct.

Jasene - any sexual activity - oral sex, penetraive sex, rimming, etc may result in spread of bacterial diseases such as gonorrhoea, chlamydia and syphilis. Bacterial illnesses are much more infectious than HIV.

Many people will carry gonorrhoea in their throats without having symptoms at all. In fact, it is estimated that up to 90% of people with throat gonorrhoea will have no symptoms at all but still be able to apss the infection to a sexual partner.

The rate of transfer of gonorrhoea from one partner to another is around - a rough figure - 15 to 20% or so.

You can read more information on Sexually Transmitted Diseases by downloading our pdf Guide http://www.freedomhealth.co.uk/images/freedom_guide.pdf

best wishes, Sean
If a sexual act was involve then. yes. you can get gonnorea. It is possible. Do some research.
Hope you read this and hope you will give a quick responce.

I am a Co-Community Leader in the peer 2 peer STD community and I was under the impression that getting a STD like gonorrhea from performing oral sex on a woman would be rare and getting oral gonorrhea from performing oral sex on a woman would also be rare. I know in men it is more common due to the nature of oral sex.

The senerio above seems almost near impossible because the way I interpet the questions is she is asking that Girl 1 (with gonorrhea) has oral sex performed on her by Girl 2. So girl 2 gets oral gonorrhea, then kisses Girl 1 which transmits it to Girl 1 orally and then girl 1 performs oral sex on girl 2 and transmits it to her.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Please correct me if I am wrong.  - you are wrong.
Thank you for the responce. It will help so that I do not pass on wrong information to others.
Hi Vance

The story is confusing as the original poster suggests.

My interpretation is that Girl 1 goes down on girl 2. Girl 2 has vaginal gonorrhoea. Girl 1 then kisses girl 2, who goes down on girl 1 (the girl who started without gonorrhoea).

The question then arises as to whether gonorrhoea can be spread from girl 2's lips to girl 1's vagina.

I think the "freshness" of the gonorrhoea on girl 1's mouth will allow gonorrhoea to be spread to girl 2's mouth and then she may transfer it to girl 1's vagina.....!

The other difficulty of course is that all this sounds very clinical- it is likely that other sexual activity would take place with fingers etc.

I think likely though I see and understand your point of view.

best wishes Sean

Thank you for this detailed answer that helps me understand this better.