STDs - International Expert Forum
Candidiasis

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to STDs including: Chlamydia, crabs, gonorrhea, HPV, PID, penis discharge, syphilis, testicular infections, urethritis, vaginosis, genital warts, yeast infection. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Candidiasis
Dear Dr. Sean,

Am sorry to post again, but just wanted to update you with my situation and take your opinion.

As you have clearly rules out HIV, i have taken mutiple STD checks all came back negative.

I have done also HIV-1&2 DNA @ 28 days and HIV DUO at 34 days, both came back negative / non reactive.

However, my partner since the symptoms started to appear had continous vaginal discharge, so we went to a gyno how diagonised her as having vaginal candidiasis and gave both of us one pill each (DIFLUCAN 150mg).

My question is about the Candidiasis:
1. is it STD ? if not how can it be transmitted from me to my partner?
2. Does that in anyway relate to HIV early symptoms ?

Thank you,
Sam
hello Sam,
I will reply to your question this time here as follows:

IT IS NOT CONSIDERED STRICTLY AN STD BUT IT CAN BE TRANSMITTED SEXUALLY.  IT IS VERY COMMON IN WOMEN WITHOUT SEXUAL INTERCOURSE.  IT IS VERY EASY TO TREAT WITH THE TREATMENT THAT YOU WERE GIVEN.  IT IS ADVISABLE TO TREAT BOTH IN TH A COUPLE TO AVOID RE-INFECTION.  NO NEED TO BE CONCERNED AT ALL WHATSOEVER.

NO, IT DOES NOT.

Best wishes,
Dr José