STDs - International Expert Forum
Candidiasis
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to STDs including: Chlamydia, crabs, gonorrhea, HPV, PID, penis discharge, syphilis, testicular infections, urethritis, vaginosis, genital warts, yeast infection. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Candidiasis

Dear Dr. Sean,

Am sorry to post again, but just wanted to update you with my situation and take your opinion.

As you have clearly rules out HIV, i have taken mutiple STD checks all came back negative.

I have done also HIV-1&2 DNA @ 28 days and HIV DUO at 34 days, both came back negative / non reactive.

However, my partner since the symptoms started to appear had continous vaginal discharge, so we went to a gyno how diagonised her as having vaginal candidiasis and gave both of us one pill each (DIFLUCAN 150mg).

My question is about the Candidiasis:
1. is it STD ? if not how can it be transmitted from me to my partner?
2. Does that in anyway relate to HIV early symptoms ?

Thank you,
Sam