STDs - International Expert Forum
Chancre Sores? Pimples?

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to STDs including: Chlamydia, crabs, gonorrhea, HPV, PID, penis discharge, syphilis, testicular infections, urethritis, vaginosis, genital warts, yeast infection. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Chancre Sores? Pimples?

I recently had a patch of ?pimples but not red, which arose on my scrotum.  I noticed them initially just by feel but they became slightly tender, and eventually became itchy after about 3 days.  I also noticed a single swollen lymph node in the groin on the same side which resolved after 3 days.  I began taking Augmentin DF twice a day when I first noticed the spots that I happened to have from a friend.  Today is day 8 and the lesions are there but no longer tender and only slightly itchy.

On examination, the lesions look like pimples that are growing out of the white bumps/hair follicles that I have had forever.  There are about 10 that are bigger than the "normal" which I found itchy but are soothed with herbal creams.  They are hard to touch and have now become smaller.  There was never any puss and the spot in the middle look like hair follicles.  

I'm concerned because I had slept with 6 women in SE Asia during a backpack trip that ended in August.  Several were locals who I just met and have no idea about their sexual history although I'm guessing they get around.  All sex was protected except for a couple of unprotected BJs and one moment of 1/3 penetration when I remembered to pull out and condom.  I have not had sexual intercourse for about 80 days before the “pimples” arrived but now have a steady partner which I haven't slept with yet because I'm concerned.

I volunteer at a hospital and about 3 days before this all happened, I went to the bathroom to give myself a big scratch around the area because of a small itch.  There was nothing there at the time.  I do remember a single itchy pimple in the same area a while back but didn't think much of (could that be the primary chancre?)  Could this be a skin infection from the scratch or do you think I have syphillis (syphilis)?  Would the amoxicillin have done the trick?  Any other STI to worry about?

Due to work commitments, I don't have time to see a GP for another 2 weeks.  I'm getting really stressed at this point.
Thank you for your post.
It is very difficult to know what this could be without a proper examination.  However from your description, it does not seem likely to be related to syphilis or any other STI.  Your symptoms are most likely to be consitent with folliculitis or a simple skin infection, and not anything transmitted sexually.  The type or rash described, the location, and the timing are not typical of syphilis.
I hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Dr José
To clarify, I didn't have any sexual relations for 80 days before the "pimples" came about.