STDs - International Expert Forum
Chlamydia Meds and Treatment

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to STDs including: Chlamydia, crabs, gonorrhea, HPV, PID, penis discharge, syphilis, testicular infections, urethritis, vaginosis, genital warts, yeast infection. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Chlamydia Meds and Treatment

Hello Sir

I had unprotected sex 3 months ago...After 2 months time i felt uncomfort on my pennis,burning sensation and itching on the top of my pennis.
At the end of the 3 months I went to an urologist that he gave me some pshysical examination on my pennis and an ultrasound.He found some liquid on the urethra plus on the ultrasound he found some urine remains even after having a pee. I told him about my unprotected sex incident and he said that we gonna have some STDS tests.He gave me some medication for 5 days that he claims can eliminate all bacterial infections and with those meds my tests for bacterial infections like Chlamydia would show negative anyway.. and and he advised me to visit him again in the end of the treatmen for a full STDS screening tests.
With his meds i can say that i felt better, i m not sure if i was totaly healed but anyway.
I visit him again after treatment and he gave me blood tests for Hiv-Hep A&C plus an urethral swab.All came negative except the Chlamydia that was possitive.(even that he told me that with his meds it would show negative)
He told me its treatable with antibiotics but it can always come back  in case of a weak immune system.
He gave me azithromycin 250mg. 1000 mg on a single dose the first time and 500 mg per day for another 4 days.
I asked him about retesting after finishing my treatment and he said not really mandatory and its up to me.

So my questions are

1. Is Chlamydia totally curable or not?
2. Do i need to retest and when should i if i have to?
3.On my tests i havent see any syphilis or heprpes tests as part of STDS tests. Do you advise me to do those tests?
4. Does Chlamydia affects the test results on Hiv,Hep etc shownig false negative on those?
5. How realistic and accurate was his statement that with his medication my chlamydia test will show negative(but came back possitive) and if there is something to worry about that?( maybe my immune system is not responding ?)

Thank you.

Here are your answers:
1. Is Chlamydia totally curable or not? THE TREATMENT GIVEN WOULD HAVE CLEARED CHLAMYDIA
2. Do i need to retest and when should i if i have to? NO NEED TO RE-TEST AS THE TREATMENT IS ALWAYS EFFECTIVE
3.On my tests i havent see any syphilis or heprpes tests as part of STDS tests. Do you advise me to do those tests? SYPHILIS IS RECOMMENDED EVEN THOUGH IT IS RARE AMONG HETEROSEXUALS.  I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TESTING FOR HERPES AS THE TEST IS NOT USEFUL IN ABSENCE OF SYMPTOMS OF HERPES
4. Does Chlamydia affects the test results on Hiv,Hep etc shownig false negative on those? NO, IT DOES NOT.
I AM NOT SURE WHAT TREATMET YOU WERE GIVEN IN THE FIRST PLACE.  IF A CHLAMYDIA PCR TEST IS CARRIED OUT TOO SOON AFTER HAVING HAD TREATMETN, THIS CAN GIVE A FALSE POSITIVE RESULT.

Kind regards,
Dr José
I'm having unprotected sex with 3 girls and I did with it with all of them in the same week. Not at once though. That was 3 weeks ago and now I'm seeing this clear watery discharge from penis with what looks like some small white molicules kind look like what u see when you pre-***. When I pee it doesn't burn nor strike,it doesn't really itch either and 2 of the gils say they are not having sex with anyone else and my personal girlfriend doesn't know about the other 2 girls but she had gotten tested 2 days before we had unprotected sex and her result was good. So I'm wonder if this could be pre-*** or chlamydia? Its goin on 2 days now or almost 2 days