STDs - International Expert Forum
Do I have gonorrhea?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to STDs including: Chlamydia, crabs, gonorrhea, HPV, PID, penis discharge, syphilis, testicular infections, urethritis, vaginosis, genital warts, yeast infection. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Do I have gonorrhea?

8 weeks ago, I had unprotected oral sex but protected intercourse with woman#1. About a few days after that, I notice a tiny amount of clear discharge from my penis, which I assumed was urine. Slight discomfort when urinating. After 1 week, problems went away.

3 weeks ago, had unprotected intercourse with my gf, but used a condom before ejaculating. No oral sex.

2 weeks ago, had unprotected oral sex but protected intercourse with another woman#2.

1 week ago, I notice penis discharge again, this time it is milky color. Also, more painful urination, but not too painful.

4 days before the test, I began taking Azithromycin which I already had at home. The day after I began taking the Azith, my discharge was greatly reduced and there was no pain during urinating. The discharge was only sporadic, and even disappeared for a day or two. Have not had any sexual contact with anyone since woman#2.

I took the STD test before I finished the full 5 days of Azith. The doctor examined my penis, noticed a small amount of white discharge, and suspected gonorrhea. He took a sample of discharge, urine sample and blood sample. One of the tests came back within 3 hours and it was negative for gono. However, doctor said that due to my symptoms, he still believed I had gono and that the Azith was reason for negative test.

I live in a foreign country with poor healthcare quality. It was difficult to get more details from him due to the language barrier. He prescribed a treatment given through an IV plus a machine that uses heat/light on the genitals. He said that pills are not as effective, so this is the best treatment.

1) Does doctor seem reliable?
2) Can the Azith clear up gono w/in 4 days, enough so that a test would not detect it?
3) Did I get gono from woman #1 or woman #2, if at all? Doctor said that I got it from woman #2 since gono symptoms show up within 1 week after getting gono.
4) Do you think I have gono?