STDs - International Expert Forum
General Question

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to STDs including: Chlamydia, crabs, gonorrhea, HPV, PID, penis discharge, syphilis, testicular infections, urethritis, vaginosis, genital warts, yeast infection. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

General Question
Doctor,
As you can read my other posts. I've being having a hard time.
Its been 11 days from the encounter. I'm going to the psichiatric MD to help me pass the anxiety and fears. I've been little bit better, because he gave some medication to calm down.

I made some tests and i got negative for everything instead herpes 1. (including HIV, sifilis, hepatitis). My doctor told me that was not necessary to test chalmydia or gognorrea.
I understand that Herpes 1 is the typical that you catch from kissing, drinking, etc (normal life) form yout dad, mom, friends, etc.
1) Does this protects or give additional protection from herpes 2?
2) Is it a way to know prior exams if you have herpes 2?
3) For example, Symptoms should appear when? are they painful?
4) what are the odds of getting this kind of herpes?

thank you
Hello again,
THERE IS SOME EVIDENCE THAT SHOWS THAT HAVING HSV-1 CAN REDUCE THE CHANCES OF BEING INFECTED WITH HSV-2
FROM WHAT YOU SAY, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR HSV-2 TEST WAS NEGATIVE.  AT LEAST WE KNOW THAT YOU HAVE NOT HAD IT FROM BEFORE.  IF YOU REPEAT THIS TEST AFTER 12 WEEKS AND THIS IS NEGATIVE, WE WOULD THEN KNOW FOR SURE THAT YOU HAVE NOT BEEN INFECTED.
SYMPTOMS USUALLY APPEAR WITHIN 3 WEEKS AND YOU DEVELOP PAINFUL BLISTERS AND GENERAL SYMPTOMS OF MALAISE
IF THE OTHER PERSON HAD HSV-2, THE RATE OF INFECTION IS ABOUT 15-20%, EVEN THOUGH THIS WOULD VARY IF THE OTHER PERSON HAD AN OUTBREAK OR NOT, HIGH VIRAL LOAD, ETC.
Best wishes,
Dr José
Doctor,
Reading my other posts, can you give me your opinion of my situation?
I'm very complicated, having a hard time and i need some help.
I feel things in my penis, but i dont know if its just my mind taking care of each thing that happens in my body or what.

thank you
I honestly do not beleive that you need to worry.  I think that all you are feeling is due to your worry and anxiety and it is a good idea that you are receiving some help.
Best wishes,
Dr José
Thank you very much doctor.
I have some final questions:
1) may i have relations with my wife or do i need to wait?
2) do you think in my case is needed to be tested for std or hiv?
3) i understand that my problem is mental, but why all the people i ask tell me that i was not in risk and that i'm ok? This statement includes all std and hiv?
4) why i keep thinking the opposite?

Thank you so much