STDs - International Expert Forum
Nail Scratch from Massage
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to STDs including: Chlamydia, crabs, gonorrhea, HPV, PID, penis discharge, syphilis, testicular infections, urethritis, vaginosis, genital warts, yeast infection. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Nail Scratch from Massage

Greetings,

About two days ago I went to a spa and massage center, I was massaged for an hour by a therapist who seemed to have a cold. I think I got scratched by her fingernail on my back and on my buttocks, I'm afraid of what I might have caught from that scratch. I did not notice any bleeding or broken skin whatsoever I think but the area was red for a few hours, it did not hurt as well, but worried just the same in case the nail broke my skin and may have caused a slight or deep scratch. Two days later I caught cold as well and have been sneezing.

Can you please enlighten me as to what the chances are of catching STD and/or HIV from getting a massage through a fingernail scratch? Is there any risk involved in such activities such as getting massages? If so, what are the risks?

Thanks much.