STDs - International Expert Forum
Risks of Oral Contact

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to STDs including: Chlamydia, crabs, gonorrhea, HPV, PID, penis discharge, syphilis, testicular infections, urethritis, vaginosis, genital warts, yeast infection. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Risks of Oral Contact

Hi Doctor,

Firstly thankyou very much for your time and I appreciate that you may have answered similar questions in the past.

2 weeks ago tomorrow I was out on a stag (bachelor) party in London. I was in a strip club when a stripper proceeded to place her vagina on my mouth 2 maybe 3 times. From memory I didnt use my tongue but I do remember feeling moisture on my mouth.

I didnt really give it a second thought until a week ago I started to get dizzy spells and just feeling pretty rough as if I had a cold or mild bout of flu.

My question is am I at risk of HIV or STD due to this exsposure and are my symptoms possibly related to the event? I visited a Dr and told her of the dizzy spells etc and she said I have viral labryntitus(?) and gave me some Stemetil to help with the vertigo feeling. (I was too embarrased to tell her of the strip club event!)

I hope this doesnt waste too much of your time but I am pretty concerned that I may have picked up something nasty such as HIV, Syphillis (syphilis) or Hep B?  

Cheers.
Thank you fro your post and welcome to our forum.
I do not beleive that any of your symptoms are related to this incident.  However performing oral sex on a woman does involve some risks.  For this to be the case, significant amount of vaginal fluid has to enter your mouth, and the possible risk would mainly be throat Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea, Syphilis, and even Herpes.  None of these would cause the symptoms mentioned, other than possibly a sore throat in the case of the first two infections.  Risk of HIV is more theoretical and is considered to be zero, or very close to zero.  Therefore I do not beleive that you need to worry too much about this; I woudl suggest that you get tested for the infections mentioned, mainly for your peace of mind.
Best wishes,
Dr José
Sorry I also forgot to mention that I have a slight sore throat to go with feeling rough. Cheers
I am aware that I have hsv 1, I have had cold sores since childhood. However I fear that I may have had contact with hsv2 orally. I get the mother of all sore throats when I feel a cold sore coming on. And in 2010 I had a HORRIBLE "viral Infection". I seriously thought I was going to die. I had light sensitivity, blurred vision, pain in my genitals (never any lesions or warts), and the list goes on. I asked them to test me for some kind of encephilitis and they basically mocked me and it wouldn't surprise me if they wrote P.I.T.A on my file. But as the mother of a young child I had to cover my own back since noone else was looking out for me. I ordered a CAT, and endoscope as well as had a battery of std blood tests done (for some reason they didn't do hep) all were negative and apparently nothing stood out on the others. I recently felt a cold sore coming on, and along came the wicked sore throat. I once again went to my doctor, he issued ammox and sent me on my way.  I would prefer them to swab my throat but there is nothing visible to swab. Is that hsv2 result enough to assure that I'm not harboring something?