STDs - International Expert Forum
STD Risk

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to STDs including: Chlamydia, crabs, gonorrhea, HPV, PID, penis discharge, syphilis, testicular infections, urethritis, vaginosis, genital warts, yeast infection. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

STD Risk

Greeting Doctors,

I can't seem to ease myself, I'm worried about what happened just a few hours ago. I had sex with a high class sex worker, it was protected. She gave me a condom to use.

So she gave me a ******* and we had a vaginal sexual intercourse -- I had a condom on at all times during the ******* and during the vaginal sex. Although as we had no lube just before the vaginal intercourse she fingered herself so she could use her vaginal secretions as lube.. Afterwards she gave me a ******* again (with the comdom still on). And towards the end, she pulled out the condom and gave me a handjob.

Now after all this, when I was taking a shower in my room I realized whilst I was cleaning my penis with soap that there was a tingling pain sensation on the bottom of my shaft (the bottom part of the shaft where it touches the testicles). After close examination I noticed that there was redness and what looks like to be a second degree abrasion because it hurts like an open wound when I touch it, so it must have been caused by friction... I'm worried that that part (bottom shaft touching the testicles) may have not been covered by the condom and could have led me to receive HIV or STDs if she had any because of the abrasion.

What are the chances of an STD or HIV getting through?

Do I need to get tested for STDs after 12 weeks and a 24 week mark to ease my mind?

Thanks.
Hello

All this sounds very innocent to me. You may have a rub-area or abrasion on the underside of your penis but it does not sound significant.

She sounds to have been appropriately very careful with you.

I do not think you have been exposed to HIV or other STD's - and 70% of us have HSV 1 infection.

If you do want to test for HIV then you can do that at 28 days using a 4th generation HIV test or 3 months using a third generation test. The 24 week test is just bizarre and not necessary.
Best wishes, Sean
Oh and I forgot to mention that I already have HSV1.

Thanks.
Hello Doctor,

I have just one more question as this thought just hit me.

I seem to recall now that the second degree abrasion might have been caused by a fingernail scratch from her, because at one point she seemed to have been having trouble removing the condom just prior to the handjob so she might have scratched the underside of my penis by accident. Now minutes prior to that she used those fingers to masturbate herself before we had a vaginal sexual intercourse with the condom on.

Assuming that the scratch went deep enough, would I get HIV or any STDs through that?

Thanks much.
Hello again Doctors,

I know you're all busy however I just wanted to follow-up with regards to my question and shed some light on my incident.

Thanks again.

Best wishes, Sean
Hi Doctors,

That looks like the same answer you gave me with my first question but I had a quick second question... But I'll be glad to paste it below...

----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks much.

Thanks.
Hello

Yes, it was, essentially you're asking the same question.

and the answer is still no = good news. Rejoice.

best wishes, Sean