STDs - International Expert Forum
STDs concerm

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to STDs including: Chlamydia, crabs, gonorrhea, HPV, PID, penis discharge, syphilis, testicular infections, urethritis, vaginosis, genital warts, yeast infection. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

STDs concerm

I recently had a one-time casual encounter with an escort, the only one person that I have had sex other than my wife. Apart from the guilt, I am worried about the STDs that could have transmitted. Before the intercourse, skin contact/foreplay was minimal for 5 mins. We used a condom from the beginning of the intercourse to the end, and withdrew immediately after ejaculation. The intercourse may have lasted just over a minute. We did not kiss orally and did not have any oral sex. I do not know the status of the escort whether she has any STD. Its the 5th day since the encounter and have had no symptoms as I read online or probably its too early.

Please advice the best way forward.
Thank you very much for your post.
The fact that a condom was used throughout the penetration and this reamined in place and intact, this would not put you at risk of contracting an STD.  They call it 'safe sex' for a reason.  Therefore I do not believe that you need to be concerned.  If there was some genital rubbing, there is a theoretical possibility of having contracted an STD if the head of your penis came into contact with vaginal fluid, i.e. Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, NSU, and you might want to get tested for these after 2 weeks of the sexual encounter, just for peace of mind.  All treatable with antibiotics.
Possible risk of herpes and HPV, as these can be contracted even when using a condom.  However there is no point in checking for these in absence of symptoms.  No risk of HIV or any other blood borne virus.
Kind regards,
Dr José
Thank you Doc.

The condom was intact throughout. We did not engage in any genital rubbing. And I did not touch her genitals with my hand. Today is the 7th day without any  symptoms but i heard STDs can be asymptomatic??
Yes, they can.  However it seems unlikely that you have contracted any, from what you are saying.
Best wishes,
Dr José
Hello doc,

I took a dose of zithromax 1g to be on the safer side. I did have an ache on one of the testicles yesterday, today its gone. also if I have swollen lymph nodes on the groin, believe it should be clearly seen in lumps and always with pain? looking forward to your advice..