STDs - International Expert Forum
Single red bump on private area

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to STDs including: Chlamydia, crabs, gonorrhea, HPV, PID, penis discharge, syphilis, testicular infections, urethritis, vaginosis, genital warts, yeast infection. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Single red bump on private area

So the story goes.. I am currently in Taiwan for my national reservist. Last Saturday I had protected sex with a sex worker in one of their massage palor. 3-4 days later I noticed a small spot on the head of my penis and it grow slightly later in the next 2 days to become a small red spot about the size of 3-4mm. It does not hurt or itch. I researched online and understand that for herpes, during the initial outbreak, the patient would suffer from Fever, which I had from day 3-5. ( assuming day 1 was the day I had sex with the sex worker). However I am not sure if the fever is cause by the herpes virus or because of the fact that I was having diahorrea at the same period (i.e. day 3-5), and the fever is caused by dehydration.

From what I research online, It seems to show partial herpse symtom. (E.g. Fever and the spot looks like what is discribed on the Internet. Yet the single spot does not itch or hurts at all..

I am at day 8 and there is no new spots surfacing. In total there are only one spot.

Do I have herpes? If not, what std have i contracted?

I really hope for your swift reply as this is worrying me sick..
Hello Adrian

It does not sound like herpes - but of course I haven't seen or examined you.

You did use a condom so it would be a near impossibility for this to represent herpes unless there was an unprotected sexual encounter or you had oral sex performed on you before.

I suggest that you go and see a doctor nearby and ask his or her opinion. I can't tell you what it is but it does not sound like herpes.

kind regards, Sean
I might have exaggerated the size of this bump. It is probably 2-3mm about pea size.. Also to add, it is round in shape.
Dear Sean,

Really thanks for your swift reply.

What I am afraid of is although I did use a condom for the entire duration of this encounter, she actually used her mouth to put on the condom for me.. So I'm worried that could there be a brief instance her mouth could have touched my private area and passed the herpes virus in this manner.. Is this possible?

However i also read that herpes lesion are painful and itchy, and the initial outbreak is the worst and usually doesn't comes in a single lesion. Is this true too?

With this new information, do you think it is possible I contracted herpes?
She basically first hold the condom in her mouth before she proceed to cap it on me..
Hello again Adrian,

I can see why that concerns you but I'm far from convinced that represents a risk - you're afraid of it but I don't believe you have been exposed.

kind regards, Sean